how do u clean your jebao dcp pumps?

marysea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have 4 jebao DCP pumps--two 13000, one 18000 and one 2000. each time i clean one very well in vinegar for a couple of days, rinse well, dry completely, test, then put away for about 6 months. BUT when i go to use one, i get an error message E04--stuck impeller. what gives? anyone have the same problem? how do u fix??

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pumps use certain plastics in them that don't react well to vinegar. Jebao may be one of them.

OP
OP
M

marysea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pumps use certain plastics in them that don't react well to vinegar. Jebao may be one of them.
what do u recommend using instead of vinegar?
guess the pumps should be used until they stop working and then throw them away.

rgulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a 5lb bag of citric acid from Amazon. Use about 1 cup per gallon of water to mix a soaking solution. Soak overnight or even a day or two. I've soaked until a layer of mold went across the surface....probably not recommended.
Brush off well while rinsing. Be sure to disassemble and clean all moving parts.
Great sticky above on vinegar the great pump killer or some such, and it is. I've lost some pretty expensive plastic covered pump magnets to soaking in vinegar.
Cheers
Ray

nick9one1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that citric acid is better than vinegar. I don't use any lubricant on a DCP6500, the ceramic bearings don't need it.

The only thing I can suggest is that you have a build up on the ceramic shaft or bearings. On mine the impeller turns very freely with no hint of friction/grinding.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back