- Joined
- Aug 13, 2019
- Messages
- 3,022
- Reaction score
- 3,831
Since wav pumps have been discontinued and they tend to poop out after a few years, I picked up a couple Jebao scp-150 gyres. One I’m on a tighter budget now that I’m no longer working, and two….i just can’t fathom the coin being asked of us for pumps nowadays.
The Jebao pumps have been great with the exception of the little spacer that holds the impeller shafts in place. I had two out of the box where those spacers were loose causing the pumps to make a lot of noise. Even when the spacers are pushed all the way in,to have had them come loose after quite some time. I figure it’s just a maintenance reminder.
The problem is that with my lack of vision and tremors, I have broken a few of those ceramic impeller shafts while disassembling/reassembling the pumps for cleaning. I have purchased new pumps as I couldn’t find any impeller shafts online. Well now I have several pumps laying around with no impellers. In a perfect world, I would like to get impellers for these pumps so that I could just swap out pumps when maintenance is needed. This would give the the option of just letting the pumps soak (running) in solution as opposed to disassembly and scrubbing.
So, does anyone if other manufactures impeller shafts work for these pumps? I don’t think they do, but I’d figure someone must have tried by now and have a solid answer. If anyone has any impellers from damaged pumps that they want to get rid of, that would be appreciated as well.
The Jebao pumps have been great with the exception of the little spacer that holds the impeller shafts in place. I had two out of the box where those spacers were loose causing the pumps to make a lot of noise. Even when the spacers are pushed all the way in,to have had them come loose after quite some time. I figure it’s just a maintenance reminder.
The problem is that with my lack of vision and tremors, I have broken a few of those ceramic impeller shafts while disassembling/reassembling the pumps for cleaning. I have purchased new pumps as I couldn’t find any impeller shafts online. Well now I have several pumps laying around with no impellers. In a perfect world, I would like to get impellers for these pumps so that I could just swap out pumps when maintenance is needed. This would give the the option of just letting the pumps soak (running) in solution as opposed to disassembly and scrubbing.
So, does anyone if other manufactures impeller shafts work for these pumps? I don’t think they do, but I’d figure someone must have tried by now and have a solid answer. If anyone has any impellers from damaged pumps that they want to get rid of, that would be appreciated as well.