OP
OP
TastyScrants

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your input. I ended up purchasing the RedSea 2 head Reefdose.

It is absolutely awesome and I love that it will automatically schedule my dose volume throughout the day.

I’m only dosing calcium with it at the moment as I transition from running my alk at 11.5, bringing it down to 8 (for the new 2 part system I’m going to use). Calcium has been steady at 440ppm for the last 7 days with daily testing

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your input. I ended up purchasing the RedSea 2 head Reefdose.

It is absolutely awesome and I love that it will automatically schedule my dose volume throughout the day.

I’m only dosing calcium with it at the moment as I transition from running my alk at 11.5, bringing it down to 8 (for the new 2 part system I’m going to use). Calcium has been steady at 440ppm for the last 7 days with daily testing
On that same feeling I just installed mine but I’m dosing 4 and it honestly is the easiest way to keep things steady

OP
OP
TastyScrants

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On that same feeling I just installed mine but I’m dosing 4 and it honestly is the easiest way to keep things steady
Yes! The selling point for me was its accuracy at 0.05mL I couldn’t find anything in the UK that came close and didn’t cost more than the tank itself

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Tropic Marin All For Reef. It's just much easier for my nano tank than dosing each part separate. And it's not all that expensive

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the BRS 1.1 dosing pumps, and use three on my tank....one each for alk and calc, and one for DIY NOPOX. I dose MAG when needed, but with 50 gallon water changes per month, I can't remember the last time I had to dose Mag. And I use Randy Holmes Farley DIY two part for alk and calc.

The thing with these pumps is that you do have to use some device to run them....a timing device. Could be any one of the tank controllers or so type of timers. I'm old, and still use a ReefKeeper to control my pumps
Can you show a picture of your setup for how you dose NOPOX. I want to set it up on auto it’s the only thing I’m manually dosing daily.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show a picture of your setup for how you dose NOPOX. I want to set it up on auto it’s the only thing I’m manually dosing daily.

Here's the dosing section of the stand....alk and calc on the left, DIY NOPOX on the right.

Dosing Cabinet.jpg

And here's the DIY NOPOX by itself

NOPOX Dosing 2.jpg

And as stated earlier, you need a way to control the pumps.....a timer. I use an antique ReefKeeper 2, but if you don't have a reef controller, something as simple as a smart plug could be used to run the pumps.

Last edited:

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
matters wat u consider dosing for alk/mag/calc/ trace i switched for all for reef a month ago, in three more weeks i will send out an icp test to see if anything is off from normal

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean i dose phyto (mixed live sp.), psn pro bio and yellow sno, sochting oxydator if that counts (and again we will see the results in a couple of months), flourish nitrogen if nitrate drops, flourish phosphate if phosphate drops, chaetogro, lugols iodine, and 3 part (2 part plus mag) to fix any imbalances....but whose counting

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back