How do you feed your calcium reactor?

I’m running mine off of a manifold. I also use an automotive fuel filter (plastic with a paper filter) just before the effluent ball valve. It does a great job of keeping the valve from clogging. I adjust the valve maybe once every week or two just to be sure.
 
One rule I live by:

SPS= stability promotes success.

So in one word, stability.

And I like a challenge
 
I run a Tunze carx.
The effluent is adjusted with a screw valve on the intake of the recirculating pump.
Although rudimentary it works well and does not require a feed pump.
Stability of alk=success.
 
I run mine off gravity/siphon with a neptune PMUP set to run one minute 4x per day to intermittently restart the siphon. Has been safe, reliable, and cheap (assuming you already own the controller)
 
Well, I finally did it. After most of your replies I just decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. Thank you for helping me out.

20200606_171200.jpg
Are you feeding your reactor from a manifold and from there pulling with the Kamoer pump to return to the tank?
 
Are you feeding your reactor from a manifold and from there pulling with the Kamoer pump to return to the tank?
I am no longer running it due to down sizing and just dont have the demand anymore. IF I remember correctly I did not feed from a manifold. I recall pulling from my drain section and the outlet was near the return.
 
My Geo CalX came with the Sicce 0.5 feed pump.
3 years running, no problems yet.
 
I am no longer running it due to down sizing and just dont have the demand anymore. IF I remember correctly I did not feed from a manifold. I recall pulling from my drain section and the outlet was near the return.
Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new