- Joined
- Feb 25, 2026
- Messages
- 26
- Reaction score
- 15
- Location
- East Hampton
- What state or country do you live in
- Connecticut
I'm getting ready to start my IM 112 Ga lagoon build. The tank is 3'x3'x20" so while shallow, I have a lot of surface area to cover.
I have a first generation AI Hydra 26 HD on my little 25 gallon at work that I upgraded the puck with a Luxdium Cyan (what an upgrade!). It's a solid little light but reading reviews it seems AI has really gone the way of most things and quality has been suffering. I don't mind spending what I need to for quality and performance, I don't want to spend money for garbage.
Goal will be a mixed reef but definitely want it lit for SPS. I'm not SUPER technical so I don't need all the bells and whistles, and I don't take a lot of pleasure in tweaking color spectrums. For my little 25 I just picked a preset I liked and ran with it.
Tank is in a partially finished basement and I have the option to mount or hang. Was actually leaning hung so it keeps the tank open and free.
I appreciate any insight and experience! Thank you in advance.
I have a first generation AI Hydra 26 HD on my little 25 gallon at work that I upgraded the puck with a Luxdium Cyan (what an upgrade!). It's a solid little light but reading reviews it seems AI has really gone the way of most things and quality has been suffering. I don't mind spending what I need to for quality and performance, I don't want to spend money for garbage.
Goal will be a mixed reef but definitely want it lit for SPS. I'm not SUPER technical so I don't need all the bells and whistles, and I don't take a lot of pleasure in tweaking color spectrums. For my little 25 I just picked a preset I liked and ran with it.
Tank is in a partially finished basement and I have the option to mount or hang. Was actually leaning hung so it keeps the tank open and free.
I appreciate any insight and experience! Thank you in advance.