How do you setup a Vortec in an AIO?

Ghost25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a Waterbox 20 Cube with a cheap Jebao power head on the back wall. Somewhat considering a Vortec MP10QD but how do mount it? The sump is in the back so the dry side would be submerged. Do you really just have to mount it on the side? I think that looks kind of ugly but can't see any other option.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they must be mounted so that the "dry side" won't get wet. AIO tanks don't have a dry side to the back of the tank, so you'll have to mount it on one of the sides.
I have a 120g with two MP40's on it, and honestly I don't even notice them.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a Waterbox 20 Cube with a cheap Jebao power head on the back wall. Somewhat considering a Vortec MP10QD but how do mount it? The sump is in the back so the dry side would be submerged. Do you really just have to mount it on the side? I think that looks kind of ugly but can't see any other option.
You can’t...I have mine on the side with a 3D printed flow deflector on it, so the flow goes down the length of the tank instead of hitting the side and kicking up the sand.

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I was considering one too on a 20 island and just thought of this problem recently too

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back