How Do You.......?

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oki well I really need some advice as to how to KEEP MY HANDS OUT OF THE TANK! This hobby has become a serious obsession but I cant seem to keep my paws out and just watch/look at it...there is always (to my way of thought) something thats needs tweeking....
How do you keep em out and in ya pockets.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oki well I really need some advice as to how to KEEP MY HANDS OUT OF THE TANK! This hobby has become a serious obsession but I cant seem to keep my paws out and just watch/look at it...there is always (to my way of thought) something thats needs tweeking....
I sort of obsessively keep my hands out. I feel that when I don't mess with things, my tank runs much better. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I believe I see a difference.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get stung by a anemone , fox face or lion fish will work .

but on the other side .
thinking of how you’re prolonging the maturity and stability as well as any potential toxins on your hands entering the system which could cause rippling effects on livestock .

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it is necessary, but less is better. Get some good tongs and grabbers. Your skin has bacteria, oils, and dirt that are not good for reef tanks.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impossible

15 yrs in and havent figured out how to not
Many years in . Perhaps become lazy , but after placing rocks , I rarely ever put my hands in .
Long enough to feed and scrape the glass .
Between one clownfish attacking my fingers and the trigger fish that thinks I always have or am food.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
get some of those arm length gloves for when you make adjustments. i had the bad habit of putting my hands in the tank, and when i got the gloves i didn't have to worry about what was on my hands/arms that could affect the tank.

ScionFRSguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use dish washing gloves that I soak in salt water for a few weeks. You can also use long tongs, Eheim makes a pretty good tong.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back