How does bulkreefsupply ship frozen food?

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 3 things:
How does bulk reef supply ship frozen food?
I would be ordering other stuff with it would they come together?
If I did not get to the package for whatever reason how long would it last?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about BRS.

I did receive frozen food from Premium Aquatics though as they carry LRS foods. An order last week and another this week. They shipped in styrofoam coolers with dry ice and were delivered in the late afternoon the next day after shipping in both cases. Frozen solid and lots of dry ice. I have no doubt that it would have been fine 24 hours later. Maybe even 48 hours later. I'm sure BRS would ship very similarly.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't aware they even had frozen food but I'm going to guess its pretty similar policy as LA. Food shipped separately from everything else overnight at $30.

Lib95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told LA uses freezer packs and not dry ice, I've never ordered from them but I've always wondered if it works as well as the shippers that use dry ice.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a BRS frozen food shipment in this week. They pack the foam box with dry ice. The food was perfectly frozen when I unpacked it.

Marten

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Near the Mt. that's Magic in Southern California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA does use freezer packs, not enough of them if you ask me, the flat packs I order are almost always more slush than solid and that is with the entire Styrofoam container being filled to the brim. I don't think those freezer packs are enough to keep the food frozen.

Lib95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the same feedback I was told on the freezer packs, I just wish that BRS had the selection that LA has. I think LA has one of the best selections of an online vendor.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never ordered from premium aquatics(frozen anyways), after seeing their selection, I will have to now. Thanks guys.

BRS ships in styrofoam with dry ice. Never have an issue with the frozen thawing out, and I don't get "overnight" shipping till 6pm the next day, sometimes 48 hours after shipped.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told LA uses freezer packs and not dry ice, I've never ordered from them but I've always wondered if it works as well as the shippers that use dry ice.
Yes, LA uses ice packs and it doesn’t work as well. Usually the foods have softened upon delivery. I’ve ordered 2 large orders and that was the only thing I didn’t like. Last time I ordered from marine depot and they used dry Ice. All was frozen solid!

@LARedstickreefer
Yes, the dry ice is fun to play with. My kids thoroughly enjoyed the dry ice.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back