How hard is it to breed a paired gold strip maroon clownfish

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some guy is selling a pair, female is 3.25" and male is smaller... im wondering if its hard to breed them since they are still clownfish, itd be in a 75, thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Some guy is selling a pair, female is 3.25" and male is smaller... im wondering if its hard to breed them since they are still clownfish, itd be in a 75, thanks!
It’s up to the pair. If they pair off, they do the rest

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also heard that even if the pair are currently breeding, once they change locations it's no longer a guarantee.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its not harder to breed them? Even though they are not ocellaris clownfish? I thought different types of clownfish than ocellaris were "harder" to breed.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also heard that even if the pair are currently breeding, once they change locations it's no longer a guarantee.
My clowns were laying in a guaranteed cycle for months. I upgraded my tank and moved the fish over, the clowns have stopped laying completely, though I see them starting to clean up like they may have another batch in the near future.
For OP, raising the young is going to be the most challenging part. There’s quite a few posts here and on youtube that cover the matter better than I could here though. You’ll want to do some research into rotifers etc.. to start probably if/when you get to that point

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting them to breed is based on environment, age, compatibility and food supply. Actually getting the eggs to hatch and grow to maturity is a different set of issues.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its not harder to breed them? Even though they are not ocellaris clownfish? I thought different types of clownfish than ocellaris were "harder" to breed.
The only particular difficulties that I personally have heard of with breeding pairs of clowns are when the clowns are different colors (such as black clowns and orange clowns), or with McCullochi clowns (reportedly, they're highly aggressive - even for clowns - and the pairs don't form strong bonds, so they can basically unpair at the drop of a hat).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back