What type of clown fish do I have the type and breed and when will they pair up

brandonlock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I’m seeking some guidance regarding my clownfish, specifically the ocellaris clownfish I’ve had for about three weeks. I’ve noticed that they haven’t attempted to pair up yet. The larger one doesn’t seem to bother the smaller one. I’m curious if they might be different breeds of clownfish, but I really want to believe they’re the same breed. I’d greatly appreciate any assistance in identifying their types and any additional information to prepare for another breeding experience. Thanks a bunch!

IMG_5037.jpeg IMG_5026.jpeg IMG_5028.jpeg IMG_4966.jpeg IMG_4954.jpeg IMG_5035.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like they are swimming fairly close in your pics. They also look like they are similar size, so one will transition. Or, you might have 2 females. What size are they? If they are juveniles, then I suggest to be patient.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are man made ocellaris and I don’t remember the marketing names.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocellaris, I had two juveniles together for a year and a half. I thought they were paired, went on vacation and came home to one beaten to near death by the other. Why? I bought a larger one and they are happy as two peas in a pod.

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google "ORA clownfish poster"...it'll show what your color morphs are called...and just cause someone locks you in a room with a supermodel doesn't mean she'll want to mate with you...

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure exactly but some sort of designer. Looks like they are swimming closely and probably mated. As long as you keep them happy and stress free they should spawn at some point in time, it’s really cool to watch them take care of the clutch over the lifespan. If your not ready for the babies tho be prepared to lose them all, it was sad for me the first time :(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back