• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

How I Was Played By Turbo21

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayneo's Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased from many HONEST dealers on Reef2Reef with no problems. I have lost Zaonthids that I have purchased and did not complain but this whole game started out in 12/7/12. I purchased $300 worth of Zoas from him and he told me that he was going to cut them and they had to heal. When I sent a text to him on 1/10/13 he claimed his tank was at 64 degrees and was worried about his Zoa collection. He said he had some different Zoas for sale and I purchased $125 more on 1/17/13. This text from 1/17/13 "Time for glue and razor blades" Again he claimed it would be a week or two for them to heal. When I sent him a text 1/30/13 he claimed he was out of town for work "everything was looking good when I left". 2/13/13 "how does shipping next week sound?" 2/13/13 Claims he had more new Zoas sent another $55. Claims he will cut new ones. Was going to ship 3/26 but claims he got stuck at work. Delayed again. Claimed he had to take the day off to ship the Zoas and finally shipped out 4/1/13. I can see why he had to take the day off ...MOST OF THE ZOAS WERE FRESHLY CUT AND GLUED THAT DAY. What happened to the zoas that had to sit and heal for months? When they arrived more than half of them were on broken frag plugs. I spent $600 and you can't mount the Zoas on frag plugs that aren't broken? They would fall out of egg crate and would wobble around on flat surface. The ones that weren't glued too badly and were connected to each other I had to use a scalpel to get under the glue and pop them off the broken frag plugs and remount them. I sent a text to him about the problem but he did not respond. When I sent him another text he claimed he didn't get the first one. Then in a text he claimed they were freshly cut because he had an algae problem? More problems!!! He is selling more Zoas on Reef2Reef today I don't see and algae problem??? I told him of the problem and he said keep him posted. I got back to him yesterday and again today because he didn't respond to the first text. When i told him in the next text that I would give him with a negative feedback and going to resolution on PayPal then he answered me by saying he had no internet or phone service because it was some small town. Another excuse. Of course he claims no responsibility after telling me to get back to him and let him know how things were going. I lost about $100 worth of Zoas from the $600 I sent him. He plays games for over 30 days (they have to heal....that's a joke) so when he sends you stuff that is cut the day before and is going to die you can't go back to PayPal and make a claim. I should have been suspicious when I asked him a few times if the ones he supposedly cut in December were growing babies yet...No reply. I could accept the losses if this dealer was honest with me but don't tell me you cut frags in December and send me day old cuts... THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. Don't let him play games with you and your money!

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets get the facts straight here.

you purachased frags fom me and over the months kept adding more and more on. You even added on darth mauls about a week before you got your pack. everything i had is cut to heal. So each time you purchased frags i wuld have to cut new ones and let them heal. I ran into a problem a while back and even posted a thread on hre about how my temp dropped to 64 degrees. beacause my heater cae unplugged
Some things werent looking well and i notified you and you said no problem lets wait.

Lets fast forward to the point that you forgot to mention. I have been fighting dino's in my main tank and frag tank. i have threads on here and on reef central trying to fix the problem. That included your frags getting covered

All of your frags were remounted. Did you forget to mention you originally bought 1 polyp frags and they had grown to 3 and 4 polyp frags while i had them?

You received the frags on 4/2 and let me know you received them and all was well. you asked about the sparkiling white frag plugs and i told you how they were remounted.

On 4/5 you texted me and said " three still haven't opened. Waiting to remount the ones that were on broken frag plugs" and i replied " ok keep me updated"

Until today which is exactly 12 days later i get 2 texts come into my phone. the first one says "so far i lost 2 different sets of zoas that were just glued to the broken frag plugs" and immediately after i get the this nice threat

"if you don't answer my texts i'm going to give you a bad review on R2R and going to paypal."

So i shipped him around 30 frags. they arrive alive. 2 weeks after the delivery he says 2 frags died (which he still won't tell me which frags) an threatens me of a bad review if i don't help him

I don't offer 2 week guarantee's and nobody else who sells coral does either. and threats don't help either

so when selling to wayne o's aquatics in New Jersey another vendor apparently which he still denies Wayneo's Aquatics Corals & Fish | Facebook

be warned he wont settle for anything less than a 2 week guarantee

did he forget to mention that when i got held up at work on 3/26 i offered him a full refund because i delayed the pack and the broken frag plugs are plugs that had the bottom snipped off so i could sit them on the glass bottom of my other tank

what else can i do to make someone happy?

so 30 frags purchased and 2 lost not notified until 2 weeks later

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wayneo's Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have to say about this dealer is that he is a LIAR. I could accept the losses if this dealer was honest with me but don't tell me you cut frags in December and send me day old cuts... THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. He fails to mention the text I sent him telling him that frags had fallen off disks in shipping. And I don't mean the whole glued frag it was the separate cuts. Text from 4/5 "Been fighting an aalgae (sic) problem and been remounting stuff to new disks so I wasn't shipping frags covered in algae". This guy has an excuse for everything. Why would you cut the bottoms off frag disks when you are glueing, bagging, and shipping the same day? I have been doing saltwater for over 20 years and I know when a frag has been freshly mounted not mounted even a month before it was shipped. I have a Facebook page but if you check there are no prices on anything I put it up to show off some of my corals. It says Pet Services because I am retired and do Tank Maintenance.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
day old cuts. How many polyps did you order ---1

how many on each frag did you receive 3or4 at least.

if they were day old cuts wouldnt you have lost more than 2 frags ( which you still havent named) of the 30

i told you to keep me updated, because as some of my other buyers Know, i have offered credit and freebies iff polyps didnt make it up to a week later. BUT 2 WEEKS and no contact. and then you tell me you lost 2 frags. sorry but nobody is gonna cover you on that.

And more threats and name calling.

whose the liar directly from your facebook page heres your business name Wayneo's Aquatics Corals & Fish

cmon guy you dont' own a business. those are some really nice wild chalice colonies you have listed up on your facebook page.

i could care less if you are a vendor or not, i treat my customers the same.

you got what you ordered and 28 of 30 frags survived and the 2 that died were not until 2 weeks later

good luck in getting 2 week guarantees from anybody i'm done

anybody else be careful with dealing with this guy. He says he lost 2 frags, but he filed a paypal claim against me last night. for more than what he claims to have lost. not one picture and still havent been told what frags they were.

and the claim he made was agaisnt the darth mauls payment he purchased for a friend (prob a customer) that are still alive.

OP
OP
W

Wayneo's Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had a problem with another person on here. He probably told me to keep him posted after my first complaint to stall me so I couldn't go to PayPal. He did with all the other orders I put in. Keep stalling for 30 days so the purchaser can't get any money back from PayPal he knows how to play the system. Every time he was going to ship he would tell me he had new stuff. I could accept the losses if Turbo21 was honest with me but don't tell me you cut frags in December and send me day old cuts. He could have even said wait another week so the ones he cut could heal. I would have excepted that, I waited almost four months already from the time I sent him the first $300. How can you tell in 24 hours if Zoanthids are going to open or not and I notified him a few hours after I received them because I was so mad that I got freshly cut Zoas and that some had fallen of the disk in transport. He told me every time I sent him money he was going to cut the Zoas so they could heal. You have to text him a few times before he answers once you have the Zoas and he has your money. Then when the Zoas that were freshly cut start falling off the broken frag plug you have to text him a few times again to get a response. I'm still trying to figure out which ones fell off the frag plugs because some of the other polyps haven't opened yet because they were cut, glued, and mailed the same day and I bought 20 different Zoas from him not 30. I still have the two empty broken disks with only glue in my tank.

I also can't understand what his hangup is about me being a dealer when he is the one that travels all over the country to sell his corals he sent me a text that he was going to Ohio on 2/13 to sell more than 60 corals and sells through Frag Swapper? He calls me a dealer?? I have never sold anything on this site (something he can check but doesn't mention) and as I have said before there are no prices on that Facebook page. I set up that page to show off my corals to my friends. The only way he found it was that he went looking for it since I do not advertise and I do not have a website.

OP
OP
W

Wayneo's Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing is if your read one of the posting by turbo21

"cmon guy you dont' own a business. those are some really nice wild chalice colonies you have listed up on your facebook page".

I paid you $600 for your slash and send Zoas and bought another $450 worth of Zoas yesterday from an HONEST dealer on Reef2Reef what makes you think I can't afford a few Chalice Colonies?

The main idea of this whole rant is to warn others of how you conduct business and your dishonesty toward your customers. I have everything you sent to me through texting saved and can post that to show what a liar and dishonest person you are.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
post up my texts bud, all of them make sure you don't forget the one where i offered you a full refund. and the ones where you called me a liar and a thief and threatened me.

you received your corals and 2 died while in your care. no contact for 2 weeks and then you want a refund.

are you sure one of your customers didn't back out on buying the pieces you bought from me.

15 tanks at your houselike you told me in a text ----- a certified ATI Dealer Aquarium lighting and fltration. SunPower and Powermodule T5 High Output Fixtures and PowerCone Protein Skimmer Warranty Information from ATI North America.

tanks full of of wild colonies and pieces displayed on pvc just like my local lfs

pic from his facebook page

and me a dealer lol i just have a 220 gal tank and a 30 gal frag tank. and my so called trips around the country were to the cleveland swap which is about a 2 hr swap. no tank setup there just preselling frags many many happy people

i am done with this thread. i have said my piece and good luck with your business

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm closing this thread and it may be reopened at a later date if Team R2R decides it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 63 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.4%
Back