How is my stocking level?

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyonce could pass comment on my stocking level. I have a red sea reefer 250 (55g tank, 10g sump). Running a skimmer, bunch of live rock and some soft corals. On the fish side I currently have:
  • Covnict Blenny (8-9 inches long)
  • Lawnmower Blenny (3-4 inches)
  • Firefish (3 inches)
  • 2x Picasso Clowns (3.5 inches + 2.5 inches)
  • 2 x Bangai Cardinals (2-3 inches)
Along side this I also have ~8 snails, 2 hermits, and a peppermint shrimp.

I'd been hoping to add an anemone or two but not sure if I'm already full!

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An anemone is just fine, corals and inverts like that don’t count towards your fish count. Your clowns sound like they’d enjoy a spiffy new home!

you could probably add one or two more fish like a dwarf angel or something like that, but I’d say that’s about the limit as far as fish go :)

OP
OP
Cunning_plan

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An anemone is just fine, corals and inverts like that don’t count towards your fish count. Your clowns sound like they’d enjoy a spiffy new home!

you could probably add one or two more fish like a dwarf angel or something like that, but I’d say that’s about the limit as far as fish go :)

Awesome, that's more or less what I had hoped. I'd been thinking about an orchid dottyback (or even two) but I seem to hear mixed reviews of their aggression...

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, that's more or less what I had hoped. I'd been thinking about an orchid dottyback (or even two) but I seem to hear mixed reviews of their aggression...
I love my cherub angel, he’s a model citizen even with my clam, sps, zoas, and all my other stuff. Nice purple color with a gold face and blue highlights on the fins. I also hear mixed reviews on the dottybacks, so I passed on them

scdigby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, go for it! You could definitely add a nem or 2 if you have room. As far as your fish count goes, i agree with @footgal. One, maybe 2 more fish.

OP
OP
Cunning_plan

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my cherub angel, he’s a model citizen even with my clam, sps, zoas, and all my other stuff. Nice purple color with a gold face and blue highlights on the fins. I also hear mixed reviews on the dottybacks, so I passed on them

This little guy? Are they OK to keep singly?

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy? Are they OK to keep singly?
That’s the guy! They are okay alone but do better with tank mates. My angel and clowns never leave each other
68E976D4-6EE9-48F6-9025-12406FF5E746.jpeg
3FDA78F2-0B61-4209-822D-1DEABA749406.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back