How is the flow for this torch?

LeafsReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm wondering if this is too much flow for this torch coral? What does everyone think?

Attachments

• 20231011_182424.mp4
    26.7 MB

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your flow alternate or will it always be from that direction? Doesn't really matter either way, just curious. The torch will let you know if it's too much (retraction during peak hours).

OP
OP
L

LeafsReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your flow alternate or will it always be from that direction? Doesn't really matter either way, just curious. The torch will let you know if it's too much (retraction during peak hours).
The flow is always from that direction. It's from the random flow generator nozzle.

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flow is always from that direction. It's from the random flow generator nozzle.
I would just say watch for retraction during day time hours, especially with any frequency, on the side the flow is coming from. If you notice it isn't as long as when you bought you might need to move it down in front of the rock work a bit. Also make sure the flesh on the flow side doesn't shrink up or harden. I think you'll be fine though based on what I've seen from other folks.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back