How Is The Virus Affecting You And Your Reef & Fish ?

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, money for our tanks is not an issue as my wife is working for the large world wide company from home. It's been for two weeks now, and this morning it's been extended for a month, so far.
For the maintenance, we have six box's of salt and enough chemicals. I haven't setup my new RO/DI system, so we still need to get our water from the supermarket. Patty usually fill's all 5 of our 5g containers at a time. It does scare me, but she wears doctor type one finger gloves (ya know what I mean from us men) . I always ask my Doc if I can take some because I paint car parts etc and when working in very dirty greasy car's, to keep from staining my hands, because of working in our reef hobby. I always scrub my hands, but ya know....

What's kinda ironic, is Patty orders vacumm bags in bulk on Amazon and when she opened one the other day, there were one HEPA sample mask in each package ! So Patty used one at the store.

So we're fine, how about you ?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might not be able to get peroxide for my glass cleaning jobs (I prefer to drain and wet paper towel kill the green microalgae we all scrape, after 14 yrs my glass is getting scratched too much from scraping)

I already bought some 190 everclear for when rubbing alcohol isn't avail for a while for solvent jobs, but im needing my peroxide fix and that's all out too, though 3% is the worlds weakest sterilizer its kiddie water lol even my rocket fuel 35% peroxide is all out at the health food store for a while.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lemme check that's one place I didn't try, cuz the alcohol was all out, drumroll coming up ill order it right now if poss

nice call! this food grade stuff is great w do.
peroxide.PNG

ps when I typed in peroxide into amazon search, bottles of sodium hypocholorite/bleach come up as skin disinfectants. am I in a wormhole? who uses bleach for human wounds whaaa
Capture.PNG

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might not be able to get peroxide for my glass cleaning jobs (I prefer to drain and wet paper towel kill the green microalgae we all scrape, after 14 yrs my glass is getting scratched too much from scraping)

I already bought some 190 everclear for when rubbing alcohol isn't avail for a while for solvent jobs, but im needing my peroxide fix and that's all out too, though 3% is the worlds weakest sterilizer its kiddie water lol even my rocket fuel 35% peroxide is all out at the health food store for a while.
So how do u clean the glass? U just get the paper towel wet and put in tank and clean glass?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep on nanos and picos it’s so nice to just drain water to expose the glass then simply get it wet w 3% via spray or in my case a wet paper towel. No pressing required, just wet. Let sit 3 mins in air, refill.

In two days it’s oxidized clear and holds well. *the method is amazing for acrylic, I have a very expensive giant acrylic hex tube and when it was freshwater planted with green algae glass, one single scrape would ruin it. I must’ve did a hundred drain and wets, kept perfect clarity and not once scratch on really well set in green haze.

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish and I have been spending a lot more time together. I feed a little pinch of food every time I go by the tank and they are always so excited to see me now.

Aside from the quality time with the fish, I’ve been working hard on building a stand for the new tank I ordered a few weeks back and doing other odd and ends in anticipation.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had stocked up on most things at the beginning of March in anticipation of a national quarantine. Years worth of frozen foods, full CO2 cylinders for my CaRx, plenty of IO and six months of additives and reagents. Always have had essential equipment spares on hand. Even have my vet prescribed chloroquine phosphate on hand ..... hmmmn.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back