How long can cured rock be out?

LeChef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bleach cured dead live rock about a week and a half ago and it’s been sitting in a bucket after I put it in rodi. I cracked my tank so I had to leave it and build another one but I was wondering if I can just throw it in the tank to start cycling or is it bad now because it’s been out to long. So I have to cycle it again or rinse it.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im confused was this rock cleaned/cured or cycled? they are two different things

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cycling usually takes at least a couple of weeks after being bleach cured and leaving the rock to dry out for a few days as well before cycling

OP
OP
LeChef

LeChef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im confused was this rock cleaned/cured or cycled? they are two different things
Hi sorry, i bought the rock from a tank and then it sat around for about a year drying out, I recently decided to start up my own tank finally so I bleach cured the rock a few weeks ago and started to dry it around a week or two ago. I don’t have my tank fully setup yet and I’ll be able to add water to cycling in a few days. I was wondering if it’s okay for the cured rock to be out waiting for so long or would it need to be cured again.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, it is best that you left it out so the chlorine and the rest could evaporate and gas off. Now just rinse it in tap and start the cycling process. good luck with the build

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i always recommend fritzyme 9 or 900 because it works really well

OP
OP
LeChef

LeChef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, it is best that you left it out so the chlorine and the rest could evaporate and gas off. Now just rinse it in tap and start the cycling process. good luck with the build
Awesome thanks a bunch!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back