How long can I run my tank without filter?

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
I have been running a 55 gallon tank on a fluval 406 canister filter. I am selling this tank and it will be picked up this weekend.
My problem is the fluval quit on me this morning. I have 2 powerheads for water movement. There is only 1 pair of clowns and a couple of snails in the tank with sand and liverock. Would this be enough to last till the weekend?

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
I have been running a 55 gallon tank on a fluval 406 canister filter. I am selling this tank and it will be picked up this weekend.
My problem is the fluval quit on me this morning. I have 2 powerheads for water movement. There is only 1 pair of clowns and a couple of snails in the tank with sand and liverock. Would this be enough to last till the weekend?

I don’t use any filters....... you will be fine. :)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it would run twenty years in the current condition, the filter was not the breakpoint for safe amounts of surface area. 1/4 of your current live rock would run it I bet.

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of the return pumps in our AIO 28 gallon died over the last few months. It's been running with nothing but a powerhead and live rock since July while the new tank cycles. It's got 6 clowns and 2 LTA. You will be fine for a few days. :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back