How long do you run metal halides?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jdurm55
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jdurm55

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2015
Messages
227
Reaction score
108
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a aquatic life g12 hid light fixture about two days ago. Has one spot light like metal halide and two t5ho bulbs. How long should I run the metal halide? I've got a couple hammer and frogspawn corals and 1 zoa and 1 leather coral.
 
With those corals, you shouldn't need to run the halides very long. I would guess you only need to run the halides 2-4 hours in the middle of the photoperiod. Once you get SPS or other corals requiring higher lighting intensities, you can always increase the halide run time.
 
I've been running the halides right around 4 hours on one side. It's kind of a spot like halide. Run it from 1 to 5 then I light up the other side for a little bit.
 
What kind of t5 do you reccomend? I'm looking at getting 1 coral plus bulb and one true actinic.
 
I run mine 7hrs a day, sps lps and zoas. Took the zoas a while to acclimate but they are happy now
 
What kind of t5 do you reccomend? I'm looking at getting 1 coral plus bulb and one true actinic.
I would say one true actinic and one coral+ or blue+, depending on how much blue you like.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new