How long does it take for coraline algae to grow

Jeremy Lain

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Messages
385
Reaction score
96
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was wondering how long it takes for coraline algae to grow in a reef tank? Does it have to be introduced to the reef tank some how or does it just start growing? Some information on it is what I am looking for, and maybe some pictures of reef tanks that have it.
 
With good lighting and chemestry it Starts in 1-3 months, by month 12 you will be cursing it. Just get a hermit with some on his shell andit will get everywhere.
 
Alright. Thanks for your reply!

Does anyone have any pictures? I have heard that it grows in different colors?
 
You calcium level will impact how fast coralline grows. You can also use something like purple up to speed up the process if you want,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new