How long should pvc cement cure?

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
1,901
Reaction score
29
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a little dilemma. I need to put together some new plumbing and would like to install it tonight as I will not be around tomorrow so I was wondering "How long should pvc cement cure before it is safe to put in the water?
I I have heard that once it bonds it is safe and I have done it that way in the past due to a plumbing emergency with no ill effects but I wanted to make sure it was okay and not just a coincidence.

Please chime in and let me know,

Thanks.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
 
Safe as soon as it bonds. Are you afraid of leaking or toxic release into water?
 
If you put enough glue and twist joints into place, will never leak once bonded. If not enough glue or a good twist, just seal small leaks with silicone glue on the outside after drying. If worried about toxicity, put some fresh carbon in.
 
If you put enough glue and twist joints into place, will never leak once bonded. If not enough glue or a good twist, just seal small leaks with silicone glue on the outside after drying. If worried about toxicity, put some fresh carbon in.

I was afraid of toxicity but feel better now and will put in some carbon just in case

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hey Ray, its not toxic, I would leave it for 15 minutes, rince with fresh water and after install, if you cant rince just let it sit for a good 30 minutes and yougood to go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new