How long to Quarantine?

Daniel225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve done my 72 days fallow for white spot however only 3 fish survived the whole outbreak in the DT only 1 fish had a visible outbreak other 2 nothing to the naked eye got my QT setup and removed from DT during the 72 days fallow non have had any white spots each has had a FW dip with nothing visible coming off they have done the 14days in 2.0 / 2.5 copper however humblefish copper treatment says for a 30day copper dose but I haven’t seen anything on them they all are happy swimming exploring and eating like pigs (other than the chromis as I rekon he’s being bullied in the small QT tank) do you think it would be safe to place the 2 fish back in DT? And keep the chromis under more observation or just go for the full 30days copper?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason for 30 days is to kill off all the parasites in elevated copper. If you keep them in copper for 30 days all parasites should be dead. Short of that a few can survive and reappear shortly afterwards and then you have to start over.

I don’t QT because I don’t have any patience for the process and I prefer to feed my fish fresh foods and keep them naturally healthy to fight off any disease that comes along.

I don’t recommend this to anyone who has had trouble with parasites because I don’t want to be responsible for how they keep their fish alive. If you are already soaking them in copper then you should probably finish out the treatment protocol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back