How long until this montipora starts growing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brah02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brah02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
408
Reaction score
203
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this rainbow phoenix Monty, been in tank about a month. It’s about .5” super small. How long would it take to get some good growth? This is my fist and only monty so far.

20250604_172210.png
 
You'll see some changes over 6 months.

Once they start to grow they grow exponentially, but it's always a slow start from a small frag.
 
I have this rainbow phoenix Monty, been in tank about a month. It’s about .5” super small. How long would it take to get some good growth? This is my fist and only monty so far.

20250604_172210.png
I have a superman monti that's 7 months in and not doing much, then I have another misc encrusting monti and its doubled in size in the last 2 or 3 months. It really depends on a lot of variables. As long as it doesnt bleach, start darkening and/or retracting then I'd say leave it alone and it'll do something eventually. That said, the superman that hasn't done anything in 7 months got moved today. Mostly because it was in a super high par spot and I think I might have been over cooking it.
 
It really depends on your tank lighting and parameters. Could be a few more months. In my opinion they like iodine so you may want to check or dose that. My montiies sat around for awhile but seemed to take off with iodide dosing.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new