How long without light?

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clam that lives in my frag tank. I’m going to be taking this frag tank down and replacing it. I sold off or moved all the frags but the only place I can really find to put this guy while I swap out the tanks is either the refugium or the sump. I’m worried about the fuge, not knowing the quality or quantity of light may end up being worse than no light. The swap will take several days as I need to modify the stand and plumb the new setup. Would it be okay in the sump for a week?

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd still put it in the fuge, I think any light is better than none for a photosynthetic creature
Agreed.
The light linked is 16W. it's not gonna harm the clam.
You mentioned the fuge is right by a window, the clam will love the sunlight!

The only thing I would be wary of is potential temperature swings with the tank by the window. I don't know your climate but it would be not uncommon where I am living to get big temp swings if the tank is by the window. Albeit probably mitigated if the fuge is in line with your display and sump.

OP
OP
LobsterOfJustice

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed.
The light linked is 16W. it's not gonna harm the clam.
You mentioned the fuge is right by a window, the clam will love the sunlight!

The only thing I would be wary of is potential temperature swings with the tank by the window. I don't know your climate but it would be not uncommon where I am living to get big temp swings if the tank is by the window. Albeit probably mitigated if the fuge is in line with your display and sump.
Ok thanks. While I haven’t tested this light, I was really surprised when I tested the par under some other low wattage Amazon fuge bulbs (led screw ins) and the par was over 600.

This tank is inline with the rest of the system so temp and other parameters not a concern.

Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 121 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back