How many AI Hydra32HD on 90g

Sharkbaitwuhaha

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, I have just gotten 2 AI Hydra 32HD for a 48x18x24 90g tank. Im new to saltwater and corals, but im trying to have an lps dominated tank with maybe some birdsnest or montipora near the top. Is this lighting sufficient? Its super bright, but I'm new to reefing so...
15806928439708034838491277167710.jpg
 
Hey everybody, I have just gotten 2 AI Hydra 32HD for a 48x18x24 90g tank. Im new to saltwater and corals, but im trying to have an lps dominated tank with maybe some birdsnest or montipora near the top. Is this lighting sufficient? Its super bright, but I'm new to reefing so...
15806928439708034838491277167710.jpg
I run 2 Htdra 26s on a 75 (48z18x21) and it’s plenty for lps.
 
Alright, good, i was reading in other places that i would need 3. You think that it would be good for an anemone at some point in time? Im mostly concerned about the few sps that i do get, not receiving enough light. And if the light will hit the sand bed strong enough for the lps down there.
 
I think 2 would be fine with lps. The select few sps you want stick to placing them around the middle of the lights. Maybe make some peaks directly under the pucks and that should be plenty of light for a few sps
 
I think 2 would be fine with lps. The select few sps you want stick to placing them around the middle of the lights. Maybe make some peaks directly under the pucks and that should be plenty of light for a few sps
Great! I was worried i would have to drop another $360 and cut another hole in my canopy to set the light in. The 2 high spots I have in the picture are directly under the lights, so I'm pretty happy I laid it out the way i did. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new