How many bumblebee snails is too many?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
953
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50g display and a vermitid explosion. Ive added 6 bumblebees, but im wondering if thats enough.
0eabb1f7-4403-43d1-ae20-61db4626818d.jpg
 
I’ve got 6 in my 11 cube. They cleaned out all the spionid worms from the display. It took about 6 months. The AIO is still full of them.
 
are you meaning those little white swirly things? Those are spirobid worms, I just googled if bumblee bee's eat spirobid's but apparently they do not.
 
@cba191 vermitid snails usually have a redish color with a spiral base. The white little swirly in your photo are spirobid worms.

Here is a photo of a snail with vermitid snails attached

1759085765000.png
 
Do i want spirobid snails?
They are self regulating filter feeders. No harm to the tank. If you don’t like the look of them you can always scrape them off but I personally wouldn’t and just let them be.
 
Thats pretty bad, you might have a lot of POM (particulate organic matter) in your water to feed this exploding population.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new