How many dwarf angel fish in a 90 gallon?

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just started stocking my tank after it finished cycling. Tank is 90 gallons. Current fish are a purple firefish, two clowns, and a orange back fairy wrasse. I'm planning to add two more fairy wrasses, at least one goby, a blenny, a copperband butterfly fish, and a Tomini tang. I was originally going to get a Coral Beauty angelfish, but I also like the looks of the Flame angel and the Lemonpeel angel. Could I get all three angels or would that be too much for my tank? I do plan to have coral but not collector level.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm just started stocking my tank after it finished cycling. Tank is 90 gallons. Current fish are a purple firefish, two clowns, and a orange back fairy wrasse. I'm planning to add two more fairy wrasses, at least one goby, a blenny, a copperband butterfly fish, and a Tomini tang. I was originally going to get a Coral Beauty angelfish, but I also like the looks of the Flame angel and the Lemonpeel angel. Could I get all three angels or would that be too much for my tank? I do plan to have coral but not collector level.
Not a matter of how many but mixing them invites a sure war. I have a flame, potters and coral beauty in same tank with little to no issue but also realize im very lucky

OP
OP
Atherial

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a matter of how many but mixing them invites a sure war. I have a flame, potters and coral beauty in same tank with little to no issue but also realize im very lucky
Yeah, that's the other problem. I may be able to add them all at the same time and I was hoping that would help.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah, that's the other problem. I may be able to add them all at the same time and I was hoping that would help.
It may or may not but nest scenario to get them to get along

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather than have multiple species of angels, consider having a harem of angels. Behavior wise, having these beautiful fish spawn in your tank is so rewarding.
Below are videos of my African Flameback Angel harem and my Flame Angel harem. The Flameback are still young in this vedio, not spawn yet while the Flame angels are in a pre-spawn mode in the video

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, has never had ANY success mixing.
Best chance would be all at the same time. Or for sure having an acclimation box and letting them sit in there for at least a week

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pick one you like :)

Had a ten foot tank and only had one, a Flame. Added a GP and Bandit down the line, they Flame could care less about them. The Bandit was a bit of a bully to the GP which was kind of scary.

I remember it was my birthday when I took the GP out of QT and put it into the display. My wife and MIL wanted to take me to lunch, but I had to delay it for three hours watching how the Bandit was treating the GP, and then watched the tank cameras all lunch long lol

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve had multiples in my 80 gallon to general success; most at once was a Flame, Coral Beauty and Potter’s. Aside from establishing initial pecking order they got along fine, BUT, I added them all within a short time of each other and introduced in order of size, starting from the smallest.

The Coral Beauty grew into a massive bully, and any fish I added after he turned heel was in for a rough introduction (but still, he was fine with the other dwarves and was buddies with the Potter’s). Sadly, I lost all 3 during my recent vacation tank crash.

I currently have a Multicolor and Flame and both get along quite well. Interestingly, my Multicolor and G. caudovittatus might get into a random short scuffle once in a while (the G. caudovittatus is always the aggressor).

Planning on upgrading to a 150 next year and plan to add another Potter’s (if/when Hawaii opens back up).

Would likely never do a Coral Beauty again though, they seem to have a mean streak, which is a shame because the deep purple ones are truly gorgeous fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back