How many fish am i limited to?

brandon101996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have a 75 gallon DT tank, about 3 months since start up. i already have a full CUC and as far as fish go i have one green chromis, one chalk basslet, one flame angel fish, and one stripped blenny. i want to add corals in a few months but was wondering what’s the max amount of fish i can have in there. i will be adding a high and 2 clown fish in the next week also

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have a 75 gallon DT tank, about 3 months since start up. i already have a full CUC and as far as fish go i have one green chromis, one chalk basslet, one flame angel fish, and one stripped blenny. i want to add corals in a few months but was wondering what’s the max amount of fish i can have in there. i will be adding a high and 2 clown fish in the next week also
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Carrying capacity of aquariums are difficult to calculate because there are so many variables: how large the fish will grow, will they fight, how much rockwork is in the tank, filtration type, how often you do water changes, etc.

Your tank has room for a few more fish.

I wrote an article that addresses one aspect of this - the need for swimming space:

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back