How many of you use R2R via a mobile device? LOOK HERE!

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the app. Maybe I use the website once a week?

I get on the webpage maybe once a day I do find some things on it useful. Use tapatalk through out the day constantly. Sometimes flipping back and forth as I find certain things very useful between the two.

LJC6780

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use tapatalk. Except when doing random web searches and landing on forum topics ... but I usually don't take the time to log in, just read the article and move on.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well we have the branded app and TapaTalk app because when mobile sites were making a big push the older VB software we ran didn't support mobile. I don't want to remove it because it is something that many people like. I just want to make sure that you all know we have another option. :)

Also we do update the branded app and that's because we have so many users using our branded app. So TapaTalk updates when they want to and we update our branded app as needed.

Thanks for the feedback.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just looked. There's 99,562 people on tapatalk that are subscribed to R2R (as of this post). That's actually pretty impressive. That's more tapatalk subscribers then RC. ;)

Oh yea I am aware. ;) Another side note is our community is more active posting more posts everyday than any saltwater aquarium forum in the world including RC.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both apps and today they both went nuts @revhtree TapATalk says it is missing "addon-Tapatalk.xml" and not imported and r2r app doesn't give an error but when a thread is clicked on it shows "This thread may have already been deleted by the administrator" on every single thread. All of which works on my laptop. However, I am only on my laptop because I can't use my apps :( They were working fine this morning. I restarted my phone in case the phone was the issue but it does not appear to be.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are working for me also as of about 5 minutes ago. Ty :D
Wouldn't you the EXACT time I try to download tapatalk and login the app stops working! I was wondering what I had done wrong as I couldn't login for quite a while!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PSA: The mobile version of the site has never had that kind of issue.

You're welcome. :D ;)

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSA: The mobile version of the site has never had that kind of issue.

You're welcome. :D ;)
It might be due to possible android conflicts? It has done this to me once before for a few minutes but not at the same exact time as Tapatalk also messing up. I'm just happy they are both back now [emoji2]

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It might be due to possible android conflicts? It has done this to me once before for a few minutes but not at the same exact time as Tapatalk also messing up. I'm just happy they are both back now [emoji2]
I think you might be referring to the mobile app? The app will generally experience issues that tapatalk has bc it is tapatalk-based (not to say it might not occasionally have its own issues that tapatalk doesn't have).

I'm referring to the mobile version of the site accessible through your phone's web browser. The only way you should have issues with that would be if there were a problem with the R2R site itself.

The mobile version of the site is the BEE'S KNEES IMO. :D (I've never actually understood that expression. :confused:)

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you might be referring to the mobile app? The app will generally experience issues that tapatalk has bc it is tapatalk-based (not to say it might not occasionally have its own issues that tapatalk doesn't have).

I'm referring to the mobile version of the site accessible through your phone's web browser. The only way you should have issues with that would be if there were a problem with the R2R site itself.

The mobile version of the site is the BEE'S KNEES IMO. :D (I've never actually understood that expression. :confused:)
Yes I was referring to the apps :) I haven't actually tried the mobile desktop view. Honestly forgot about it... we get so spoiled with APPS lol. I'm going to have to check it out [emoji14]

Thanks!

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My r2r app hasn't worked all week. It will show I have notifications and I click to open app and list is entry. I can successfully use it thru Tapatalk though. Never any issues til this week.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Rev,

I was just curious if there is any thought on producing a "paid" version of the branded R2R app?

I must admit to liking the features of the branded app, and I do use it a LOT now instead of TapaTalk (if I could just figure out how to rotate pictures on the app, it would be AWESOME!). The one thing I like about Tapatalk is the fact that after paying a one-time fee of like $3 years ago, I no longer see ads on every page. Granted, I am only seeing one add per (10 post) page on the R2R app, but they aren't even reefing-related ads.

I would certainly pay a small, one-time purchase price (think <$10) to stop the ads for dental implants, Lyft and LifeLock (todays recent ads)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, Rev,

I was just curious if there is any thought on producing a "paid" version of the branded R2R app?

I must admit to liking the features of the branded app, and I do use it a LOT now instead of TapaTalk (if I could just figure out how to rotate pictures on the app, it would be AWESOME!). The one thing I like about Tapatalk is the fact that after paying a one-time fee of like $3 years ago, I no longer see ads on every page. Granted, I am only seeing one add per (10 post) page on the R2R app, but they aren't even reefing-related ads.

I would certainly pay a small, one-time purchase price (think <$10) to stop the ads for dental implants, Lyft and LifeLock (todays recent ads)

Actually Tapatalk has been serving those ads to the apps and I am about to take control and serve just ads from our sponsors. They will be very limited. On that note the mobile version of our site has minimal ads already unless you're not logged in.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just wished the r2r app would start working again!

What device? I'm not sure what else to do. We have the latest updates from tapatalk installed. Maybe they are working on another release.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back