Mastering the ReefBot Lab Setup: Your Ultimate Guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Today, we'd like to share a comprehensive setup guide for the ReefBot Lab. Whether you're considering this device or already using it, this guide will help you understand the setup process better and allow you to share your experiences and insights.

What is the ReefBot Lab?
The ReefBot Lab is a user-friendly, automated water quality testing device. It enables remote and automated testing using various third-party reagents. You can easily schedule tests via the Reef Kinetics App and receive results remotely at your convenience.
DSC_2659.jpg

Unboxing and Setup:

1. Unpack the device and remove all packaging materials.
Package_Content.JPG

2. Place the device in your desired location and connect it to power.

3. Add one stirrer magnet to the RO chamber and two stirrer magnets to the testing chamber.
Labeling.JPG

4. Connect the tube with the filter to the tank inlet, and the remaining two tubes to RO and waste.

Tubing.JPG

5. Download the Reef Kinetics mobile app (available for Android and iOS) and follow the app's setup instructions.
App_Setup.jpg

6. Fill the vials with the reagents you intend to use and place them in the device. Remember to save the slots in the mobile app for reference.
Vial_Location.jpg

7. Insert the syringes into their designated spots.
Syringe_Assembly.jpg

You're all set! You can now schedule tests or run them manually through the mobile app. Once a test is completed, the app will notify you of the results. You can view both current and past results in the app's dashboard, either as a grid or in chart form, to monitor parameter fluctuations over time.

Feel free to ask questions, share your setup experience, or provide tips and recommendations in this thread. We're here to help!

Thinking of getting a ReefBot Lab?

Use promo code "Reef2Reef" for a special discount and 12 free custom-made 60ml vials. Don't miss out on the opportunity. Grab Yours Now!

Best regards,
Reef Kinetics Team

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Apologies for not responding quickly. Glad you figured it out!
Hello. I just set up my lab pro.
How do I reset my 'waste water volume' (?). It says I can't test because my waste container is full.
And I think I need to calibrate(?). My manual tests vs the bot are very off.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
How do I reset my 'waste water volume' (?)
Hello and congratulations on the new device. To reset the waste volume, from your app, go to Device(RK***) - Maintenance- and set your waste container volume.
IMG_7668.png

And I think I need to calibrate(?). My manual tests vs the bot are very off.
Check this video on how to calibrate:

For more assistance, you can contact support directly from your app. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello and congratulations on the new device. To reset the waste volume, from your app, go to Device(RK***) - Maintenance- and set your waste container volume.
IMG_7668.png

Check this video on how to calibrate:

For more assistance, you can contact support directly from your app. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Awesome. Thank you

JustMarks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Today, we'd like to share a comprehensive setup guide for the ReefBot Lab. Whether you're considering this device or already using it, this guide will help you understand the setup process better and allow you to share your experiences and insights.

What is the ReefBot Lab?
The ReefBot Lab is a user-friendly, automated water quality testing device. It enables remote and automated testing using various third-party reagents. You can easily schedule tests via the Reef Kinetics App and receive results remotely at your convenience.
DSC_2659.jpg

Unboxing and Setup:

1. Unpack the device and remove all packaging materials.
Package_Content.JPG

2. Place the device in your desired location and connect it to power.

3. Add one stirrer magnet to the RO chamber and two stirrer magnets to the testing chamber.
Labeling.JPG

4. Connect the tube with the filter to the tank inlet, and the remaining two tubes to RO and waste.

Tubing.JPG

5. Download the Reef Kinetics mobile app (available for Android and iOS) and follow the app's setup instructions.
App_Setup.jpg

6. Fill the vials with the reagents you intend to use and place them in the device. Remember to save the slots in the mobile app for reference.
Vial_Location.jpg

7. Insert the syringes into their designated spots.
Syringe_Assembly.jpg

You're all set! You can now schedule tests or run them manually through the mobile app. Once a test is completed, the app will notify you of the results. You can view both current and past results in the app's dashboard, either as a grid or in chart form, to monitor parameter fluctuations over time.

Feel free to ask questions, share your setup experience, or provide tips and recommendations in this thread. We're here to help!

Thinking of getting a ReefBot Lab?

Use promo code "Reef2Reef" for a special discount and 12 free custom-made 60ml vials. Don't miss out on the opportunity. Grab Yours Now!

Best regards,
Reef Kinetics Team
Thanks for sharing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back