How many other dummies do the same thing as me? Don’t Lie!

Do you remotely view your tank by camera when you are away?

• Yes, we are in the same goofy tribe of overzealous aquarist

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No, You have a problem!

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

JohnnyKnuckles

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
998AB3B8-79E2-43B0-8785-568E90A866CC.jpeg

When I am at home....My wife constantly tells me I stare at the tank like a dummy Well, before we left to go out of town, I set up on of the cameras to view the tank while we were gone. She just looked over my shoulder at the live feed, gave me the eye and said I was staring now remotely like a dummy. Please tell me some of you guys are just as dumb as me!! if not, there is going to need to be an intervention!,

Last edited by a moderator:

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wyze cam is an essential piece of aquaria equipment for me. Wouldn’t want to go back to not being able to take a peak now and then.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck, that's just good reef management there!

Next long trip I take you're dang skippy I'm gonna have a cam on it for monitoring (especially since I don't have controller).

Now if you're looking at the tank waiting in-line at the movies - think I might agree with the wife. Is the intervention BYOB? :)

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 12 Zmoto cams around the house and we go out of town there are 2 on each tank. 1 on a full tank view and 1 on sump/skimmer. These are invaluable when out of town. I rec'd notification via Apex that skimmer was full, turned on cam and turned skimmer off from 1200 miles away.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I answered no - but I dont think you have a problem:). Just have heard such bad things about webcams and security - I havent pulled the plug. I have at least a couple friends that have 2 angles on their tank - one on their sump.... That - might - be a problem:)

OP
OP
JohnnyKnuckles

JohnnyKnuckles

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I answered no - but I dont think you have a problem:). Just have heard such bad things about webcams and security - I havent pulled the plug. I have at least a couple friends that have 2 angles on their tank - one on their sump.... That - might - be a problem:)

I totally get what your saying..And I was in the military so I know what our government is capable of.... If your on the internet, they already have all the info they need. I’m on the low low low list of people to hack into. The public Sector would would avoid my house like the plague after viewing or listening in. They would be afraid to be stuck with our bad kids!!!

I wonder if you lived in a adobe mud hut with a rotary dial phone and drove an old maverick would you still be safe!! Or would you stick out like a sore thumb. Lol.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I would rather not know if something bad happened while I was away and could do nothing about. So nope. No vid for me.

Controller alarms? I suppose that is ok. But video of a rbta being blended in a pump? No thanks.

Last edited:

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wyze camera. Cheap. Easy. Bam! My son checks on his during lunch at school.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be as dumb as you if I was smart enough to hook up a camera. Fortunately I am too stoopid to hook up the camera so I am not as dumb as you, except you are smart enough to hook up a camera whereas I am not.

Unless I am at home, in which case I stare blankly into my tank making me as dumb as you. Thankfully, I am not at home in Minnesota. I am giving thanks in Florida, which makes me smart!

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said no, but I don't think you have a problem. I am also one of those guys who can sit and stare at a tank for hours. Used to crack my wife up. One tank I had I would lay on my back with my head in the stand with a flashlight to see the worms crawling around in the sand. I'm pretty sure she thought I had a problem then.

OP
OP
JohnnyKnuckles

JohnnyKnuckles

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I would rather not know if something bad happened while I was away and could do nothing about. So nope. No vid for me.

Controller alarms? I suppose that is ok. But video of a rbta being blended in a pump? No thanks.

I previously thought the same but after having it i like to piece of mind that I know what hit the fan!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back