How many pajama cardinalfish in 10 gal tank

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first firefish hid in the sand, below rocks, my next one in a queen conch.
They are carnivorous, and I never saw them touching my macro algae. As I do not have corals, I do not know about that.
If they can hide in between you bio balls, it should be fine. I do not have chaeto, but my firefish do not hide in my macroalgae, they use the rocks to hide or the shells to hide.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One more addition: Hector's Goby is a good algae eater. You could also use a Court Jester Goby instead for the same purposes.

IMG_20211217_193754218.jpg

OP
OP
markon87

markon87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,... with all this, I ended up going to an LFS and they didn't have anything mentioned above so I ended up with Lagoon Goby. I had him for a few days and he started chasing my Pajama Cardinal around so I took him back. I was afraid to go with anything else that they had at the moment so I just decided to wait a bit. In the meantime maybe my Pajama Cardinal is going to get established a bit more so he doesn't get bullied so easily.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could check the web site, or call your LFS to know if they have the fire fish or other fish you want and get it then. That is how I finally got the scissor tail dartish I wanted. They never had it when I went there. Finally, I saw they got some on their web site, and went there right away.
I have a 40 G and in it 2 pajama cardinal, 2 firefish and 2 scissortail dartfish and plenty of macro algae. No corals.
The largest Pajama cardinal zoom toward the smaller one and try to attack it, the smaller one evade the attack and the fight stops. But it happens regularly through out the day. Tank is big enough so the small one can evade easily, but I would not recommend to have 2 in a pico tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
markon87

markon87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could check the web site, or call your LFS to know if they have the fire fish or other fish you want and get it then. That is how I finally got the scissor tail dartish I wanted. They never had it when I went there. Finally, I saw they got some on their web site, and went there right away.
I have a 40 G and in it 2 pajama cardinal, 2 firefish and 2 scissortail dartfish and plenty of macro algae. No corals.
The largest Pajama cardinal zoom toward the smaller one and try to attack it, the smaller one evade the attack and the fight stops. But it happens regularly through out the day. Tank is big enough so the small one can evade easily, but I would not recommend to have 2 in a pico tank.

Yes, that's very reasonable. I went there now because I was not set on any particular fish so I hoped I will see something that would "blow my mind"
I need to set on one fish and just go and get that one.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back