How many pellets to feed mandarin goby

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was wondering how many pellets to feed my mandarin. It’s about 1 inch
I usually turn off all pumps and when they were really small I’d crush some pellets and pre soak in water so the pellets would sink faster. Then I’d feed the for usually 15-20 mins. Adding more pellets until they stopped eating or started spitting out the pellets.
I tended to over feed when they were very small worried that they would starve to death.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually turn off all pumps and when they were really small I’d crush some pellets and pre soak in water so the pellets would sink faster. Then I’d feed the for usually 15-20 mins. Adding more pellets until they stopped eating or started spitting out the pellets.
I tended to over feed when they were very small worried that they would starve to death.
rough estimate for how much?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mandarins dont really have a stomach, they eat, it goes through their system, and then they are hungry again, it never ends. Cannot really put a specific number of pellets.

deepseabc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of pellets are we talking here I thought they only scavenged for pods?

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in that case if i just put pellets around the tank will it find them or should i target feed
I target feed but like I said I tend to over feed so when I turn on the pumps the pellets go everywhere. I assume the mandarins just hunt them all day.
I’ve had mine for about 3 months and I have a very new tank with very little pods so I assume they are eating. Mine have grown from about .75” to almost 2” in 3 months. They seem pretty fat too

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back