How many people us their APEX Maintenance Scheduling?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are many people here that use an APEX. I'm curious about how many people use the scheduling function for your maintenance/historical? I find myself using it heavily to maintain records of past changes, i.e.- Nutrient levels, system changes upgrades,Dosing and scheduling for future maintenance requirements.
How do you use it?

i

Last edited:

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an Apex a couple of weeks ago, but I'm planning on using it for things like changing bulbs, cleaning pumps and other less frequent maintenance items. I find that it always seems like I've 'just done' these and when I actually look back to check I'm long overdue. It doesn't help that it's easy to procrastinate on something like changing your bulbs and you don't necessarily notice a difference right away.

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reminders for maintenance, use notes for anything thats going on in the tank (new addition, dosing, etc), and input test results to see the trends of the elements im testing

OP
OP
Salty1962

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about some folks who have major systems using the APEX database?

lariat8099

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Apex religiously. To track all of my parameters. My maintenance schedule. Sock swap schedule. MP40 cover cleaning. It's an awesome system one you dig deep into all it can do.

OP
OP
Salty1962

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

bump.gif

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it for maintenance. Saltwater changes as a reminder. Also all notes I record new corals, new fish, when I check all my perimeters everything is recorded there. I really like this tool I can see when a problem starts and hopefully see the cause of why it did. It is an up to date log book.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on scheduling all my maintenance on it soon. I enter testing parameters now. My Apex is brand new and I’m still learning too.

jboone82590

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After this thread started i have been using the apex reminder and param charts.
Im so ticked that i have not been using it since i set up the apex.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it to record most events in the tank. major cleaning, new additions, all measurements. Not for the daily cleaning like socks and PH cover cleaning.
I didn't even know there was scheduling - I guess I'll look at that now. I do think overall they have pretty good software. There are minor things I would change like I would like to hide some of the things I measured for in the past (nitrite and ammonia while cycling) and getting date range charting I want for some things seems tedious.

OP
OP
Salty1962

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t used it since it first came out, seemed lacking. Has it been updated with more options or still the same? Currently I use Aquaticlog which I find a fantastic tool to use.
There have been a few changes. Allot of capabilities.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I use it a lot, especially when it comes to comparing test results with what you’ve dosed to see the effect. I think it’s the best.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use any of it. I keep all my records in a large hardbacked lined notebook. If it's weekly maintenance, there's a large W with multiple circles around it. If monthly, a large M, and so forth up to yearly. It works for me. I also keep copious records of testing and events, and can record them far faster into a table or a new line in a book than into software. I can review numbers faster there too. (Although software admittedly has it beat by a mile when searching for specific words.) This is actually the same book I used to record data for my first reef around 30 years ago; I happened to pull it off the shelf before setting this new tank up and found it had tons of pages just going to waste.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back