How many reefers in Florida?

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving to Doral, Florida in July 2021. Have the land and will be addressing build next summer
Enough of these Wisconsin winters !!!!
a89e3-freezingcold.jpg

Relax.jpg

I’m envious. I am right there with you. Tired of the Northwest Indiana winters!!!!!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we are all in one place any good LFS recommendations in SWFL Naples/Fortmyers area?

I'm in Naples and there is Barrier Reef in Naples and Saltwater Solutions in Bonita Springs. There are several others in Ft. Myers and Cape Coral but I don't really visit them.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving to Doral, Florida in July 2021. Have the land and will be addressing build next summer
Enough of these Wisconsin winters !!!!
a89e3-freezingcold.jpg

Vetteguy, isn't that going to be a bit of culture shock? I think of Wisconsin as smaller cities and lots of rural land. The Miami area is almost like living in NYC! I hope all goes well with the planed move.

I moved to SW Florida from Columbus, OH at the end of 1999 and the last 18 years have been the best of my life... not that the time in Detroit or Columbus were bad, it's just there is so much more to do here and it's always warm enough to be outside! This is about as cold as I get anymore!

P1180029.JPG

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pine Ridge here. Just outside Ocala and close to Crystal River.
Sadly very isolated from quality LFS.
I do make occasional trips to Orlando and more often to my one and only shop in Ocala.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gainesville. My office and family are in Broward & Miami though, so I'm in S. Florida at least once a month.

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Venice. Been in FL for 22 years. Small touristy beach town with great beaches and lots of shops and restaurants.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Orlando. Moved here from NC a few months ago. Definitely a better reef scene in Orlando than where I was before with the premier shops around here!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Vetteguy, isn't that going to be a bit of culture shock? I think of Wisconsin as smaller cities and lots of rural land. The Miami area is almost like living in NYC! I hope all goes well with the planed move.

I moved to SW Florida from Columbus, OH at the end of 1999 and the last 18 years have been the best of my life... not that the time in Detroit or Columbus were bad, it's just there is so much more to do here and it's always warm enough to be outside! This is about as cold as I get anymore!

P1180029.JPG
Been there a few times last 2 years and so much to do is right ( art deco district, botanical, park, beaches, key west and the list goes on).
Im from New York originally and WI larger than you realize ( Milwaukee, Green Bay, etc). Cant wait. We are at 50 below zero last 2 days. Enough of this !

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vette, I am originally from Minneapolis so I know your pain. Best thing I ever did was to get out of MN (weather and taxes). You will love FL and I can see many trips to the Keys from your location.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back