How many reefers in Florida?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
2.5 hr drive to the keys AND I AM PLANNING ON A 28FT CRUISER BOAT, SO WILL BE ALL OVER THE aTLANTIC

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there a few times last 2 years and so much to do is right ( art deco district, botanical, park, beaches, key west and the list goes on).
Im from New York originally and WI larger than you realize ( Milwaukee, Green Bay, etc). Cant wait. We are at 50 below zero last 2 days. Enough of this !

Well, given that you are originally from NY it's probably not so much of a shock! ;)

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.5 hr drive to the keys AND I AM PLANNING ON A 28FT CRUISER BOAT, SO WILL BE ALL OVER THE aTLANTIC
Geez, you sound like me 22 years ago. I moved to FL and immediately purchased a 28' Carver with a fly bridge. Enjoyed it for a while but feeding the two large v-8 inboards was too expensive for the enjoyment. The boat was only getting about 3 miles to the gallon if that. We used to go to a little dockside restaurant not far from where we kept the boat and called it the home of the $100 hamburger considering the fuel cost to get there and back:)

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez, you sound like me 22 years ago. I moved to FL and immediately purchased a 28' Carver with a fly bridge. Enjoyed it for a while but feeding the two large v-8 inboards was too expensive for the enjoyment. The boat was only getting about 3 miles to the gallon if that. We used to go to a little dockside restaurant not far from where we kept the boat and called it the home of the $100 hamburger considering the fuel cost to get there and back:)

I've gone from a 27' sailboat to a 21' center console to an 11' Zodiac I can tow behind my Miata!

Vetteguy, time in the Keys is wonderful. It's a 4 to 5 hour drive for us, but we do it 4 to 6 times a year for 3 to 5 day stays and snorkel to our hearts content!

Res_Ipsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see so many Floridians! Tampa here.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back