How many reefers in Florida?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm am a member. Been to your house even. I'm the fat guy that works for the county, with traffic lights. used to drive a red Nissan. Purchase some items from you. Lol Still racing at Buckingham air strip? Had mama retired the county?

Very cool. Good to see that you are still around!

I haven't sold coral for a couple of years now. My sps 125g tank died due to a chiller over run that took the water temp down below 60 degrees and all the sps corals (75% of the tank) died! I kept the 40g cube and now I'm building another DIY 90g tank (36"x30"x20") to replace it. It will be mostly zoas and RFA's... or basically any corals that fluoresce well under blue leds!

I won the 2018 C Street class championship in the Gulf Coast Auto-Crosser club, and I'm on target to win it again this year. I still have the turbo Miata but it's now a serious hot rod with a 2.5L Ford engine that is fully built. But it's not quite finished yet. So I'm auto-crossing a Toyota 86 (a clone of the Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ).

And yes, the misses has retired and we are now doing some traveling. We went to the Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, to Churchill, Manitoba, Canada in February to see the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) and in a couple of weeks we are going to Moab, Utah with a professional photographer to shoot at Canyonland and Arches National Parks at sunrise and sunset!

Last edited:

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Naples, haven't had a chance to set up yet. moved here a few months ago. other than the barrier reef, are there any good stores close?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Naples, haven't had a chance to set up yet. moved here a few months ago. other than the barrier reef, are there any good stores close?

@dmh41532, Go to SWFMAS.com and their website has a list of local stores in SW Florida with addresses and times they are open. BTW, welcome to SW Florida. If you don't mind my asking, where did you move here from?

Here is a thread about snorkeling in the Keys and beach walks out on Sanibel. If the timing is right, you can actually collect porcelain crabs and pistol shrimp right off the beach (not in the water at all). PM me if you have questions.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/snorkeling-collecting-discussion-group.412414/

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey...another Neapolitan...welcome to the area. Barrier Reef is your only choice in Naples. Another one in Bonita Springs called Saltwater Solutions. After that, it's up to Ft. Myers and the Cape.

Art Calde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Downtown Miami!!! If anyone is interested we’re starting a south Florida club! We have members from Miami, Kendall, homestead, coral gables, etc. Hit me up if interested.
Interested. I’m in Jupiter Florida

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back