How many shrimp for 2 gobies?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I safely add an Orange Spotted Goby (A. Guttata) and a Yellow Watchman (C. Cinctus) in a 5-5.5ft tank?

And what about the shrimp? Do I get them 1 Tiger Pistol for each goby, or is it better to have them share a single shrimp?

Also will there be any compatibility issues with a Starry Blenny (also on my list)?

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I safely add an Orange Spotted Goby (A. Guttata) and a Yellow Watchman (C. Cinctus) in a 5-5.5ft tank?

And what about the shrimp? Do I get them 1 Tiger Pistol for each goby, or is it better to have them share a single shrimp?

Also will there be any compatibility issues with a Starry Blenny (also on my list)?
we have two yellow watchman gobies paired with one tiger pistol shrimp & a hi fin goby who was paired with another hi fin and a peppermint shrimp.. we unfortunately had a gorilla crab issue and lost one hi fin, but at one point we had 2 gobies paired up with one shrimp & the other 2 paired with another shrimp and they lived in harmony (most of the time) occasionally the tiger pistol shrimp likes to bury the other gobies tunnels..

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. So the Hi Fin is alone now? Do the Yellow Watchman pair every bother it? Some say the Watchmen are more aggressive for a shrimp goby.
the hi fin is still alone, we tried to pair it with another hi fin and sadly it did not work.. it has its peppermint shrimp and a tiny burrow. seems to be content that way. the bigger yellow watchman we have occasionally ventures over to ‘be annoying’ and then goes back to his paired watchman and burrow.. our yellow watchman pair is very territorial though, they don’t like ANY thing near their burrow for too long or the bigger of the two comes out and does a quick ‘nip’ and chase.. also, their shrimp sometimes decides it’s going to ‘make new real estate’ around the tank in random places but we herd it back to its burrow.

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting dynamics there. I wonder what led to the failure to pair the Hi Fins?
we were told that the longer, taller top fin on the high fin is how you ‘sex’ them.. and we placed the same ‘sex’ into the tank to pair up and that didn’t work out..

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%

Back