How many Vermatid snails do you guys see?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrcoffee2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
37
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I count 3? Two look alike and one looks different. What do you guys think? This is a new coral I bought from my LFS. I am thinking about trying the superglue method but wanted to make sure I ID everything before I disturb the coral again.

Pink Lemonade3.jpg
Pink Lemonade2.jpg
 
I wouldn't mess with the Super Glue, just take a pair of cutters/dikes to them. Cut into hard shell a few times and try to grab out the worm-like snail inside. If you accidentally cut into a zoa it will heal quickly and more easily than being covered in glue. Plus look much cleaner. My Leopard Wrasse LOVES IT! when I go in for Vermetid Snail cleansing.

Cheers, Todd
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new