HOW MUCH CHEMI PURE TO USE

puffer_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been running for 6 months now and I’m noticing a lot of coralline algae growing and I have been really bad and haven’t tested the water in forever so far I’ve only my tested my phosphate and nitrate and my phosphate was 0.16 and nitrate was 0.25 to 0.50. And I have no filtration I only put a filter pad in once in a while to clear up the water a little, I have a couple corals and they all seem happy. So should I just let it be and do my normal weekly water changes or should I add chemi pure to help with the leaves? And which chemi pure the nano or the 5.5 ounce (my tank is a 20 gallon waterbox so basically only 18 gallons). Thanks in advance!!

DF62D341-5971-4478-A585-8DD54DDAE2EB.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So my tank has been running for 6 months now and I’m noticing a lot of coralline algae growing and I have been really bad and haven’t tested the water in forever so far I’ve only my tested my phosphate and nitrate and my phosphate was 0.16 and nitrate was 0.25 to 0.50. And I have no filtration I only put a filter pad in once in a while to clear up the water a little, I have a couple corals and they all seem happy. So should I just let it be and do my normal weekly water changes or should I add chemi pure to help with the leaves? And which chemi pure the nano or the 5.5 ounce (my tank is a 20 gallon waterbox so basically only 18 gallons). Thanks in advance!!

DF62D341-5971-4478-A585-8DD54DDAE2EB.jpeg
Chemipure wont have much impact other than polishing the water and removing toxins. Chemipure blue will help manage ph and nitrate while the elite will reduce phos and nitrate and keep it in check

Upvote 0
OP
OP
puffer_reef

puffer_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemipure wont have much impact other than polishing the water and removing toxins. Chemipure blue will help manage ph and nitrate while the elite will reduce phos and nitrate and keep it in check
So should I add some chemi pure elite or just let is play out?

Upvote 0

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True!
I was battling elevated pho’s and nitrate in my Evo 13.5.
I have a very high bio-load and find that running Elite full time keeps my numbers right where I need them. I change it once a month.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So should I add some chemi pure elite or just let is play out?
Reduce white light intensity a little and take some time to enjoy the tank

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back