How much flow I need for my tank?

canadianeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Curious to see those of you who have 65 gallons tank or so. How much turn over rate you have? I have Red Sea Reefer 250 and I set my Vectra M2 at speed 5. It has nothing in it yet and I will move two clownfish to the tank soon.

Jvalle

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a 200 with massive flow. Lol. I mean massive. Everything dances in the tank . it’s a zoa garden tank with other stuff but I have 5 power head outlets so there are no dead spots in the tank. I noticed the more flow I have the better and cleaner my coral stay. It helps the zoas with detritus. If u have corals that need moderate to low flow you can always move them around until comfortable. Remember the more flow the more filtration and oxygen. I would keep my flow tuned up if I were you. That’s my opinion after trying different methods and I see my corals extend more and look happier with high flow. thx

Marc2952

View Badges
Reaction score
Depends on your aquascape and powerhead placement, but apart from some LPS more flow is always good. I keep mines as high as possible without causing a sandstorm lol

Have you accomplished something in reefing that someone else said wouldn't work?

• Yes and it was... (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • I tried but they were right....(tell us in the thread)

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • I didn't try it...(what was it?)

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 5 5.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors