How much flow I need for my tank?

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see those of you who have 65 gallons tank or so. How much turn over rate you have? I have Red Sea Reefer 250 and I set my Vectra M2 at speed 5. It has nothing in it yet and I will move two clownfish to the tank soon.

Jvalle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 200 with massive flow. Lol. I mean massive. Everything dances in the tank . it’s a zoa garden tank with other stuff but I have 5 power head outlets so there are no dead spots in the tank. I noticed the more flow I have the better and cleaner my coral stay. It helps the zoas with detritus. If u have corals that need moderate to low flow you can always move them around until comfortable. Remember the more flow the more filtration and oxygen. I would keep my flow tuned up if I were you. That’s my opinion after trying different methods and I see my corals extend more and look happier with high flow. thx

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your aquascape and powerhead placement, but apart from some LPS more flow is always good. I keep mines as high as possible without causing a sandstorm lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back