How much heat does Radion XR15 generate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter STEEZY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

STEEZY

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
257
Reaction score
235
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how much heat a Radion XR15 generates/ heats up a tank? I am setting up a Nuvo 20 and unfortunately our house’s AC does not work the best, on very hot days the house can get up to 78 degrees, even when the thermostat is set at 70. Will I need to account for additional heat from the Radion xr15?
 
i wouldnt worry being in minnesota. shouldnt increase it too much, at what temp do you normally keep the tank
 
lol, florida is more of an issue if it gets too hot, would be more worried about the air conditioning situation for myself than my tank at that point though. I dont think it should raise it more than a degree tops but that would also be because of pumps, powerhead, skimmer etc.
 
lol, florida is more of an issue if it gets too hot, would be more worried about the air conditioning situation for myself than my tank at that point though. I dont think it should raise it more than a degree tops but that would also be because of pumps, powerhead, skimmer etc.
Ok sounds good, 1 degree is manageable! The AC is certainly annoying but I am renting and thus don’t have much control of it. They have had a tech come out twice to tinker but I think the real situation is not enough insulation in the attic and I doubt they will do anything about that .
 
Since they're LED lights, the heat generated isn't significant unless the lights are very close, and with a recommended mounting height of 8 inches or more, you shouldn't notice any additional heat added to the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new