How much heat does Radion XR15 generate?

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how much heat a Radion XR15 generates/ heats up a tank? I am setting up a Nuvo 20 and unfortunately our house’s AC does not work the best, on very hot days the house can get up to 78 degrees, even when the thermostat is set at 70. Will I need to account for additional heat from the Radion xr15?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldnt worry being in minnesota. shouldnt increase it too much, at what temp do you normally keep the tank

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, florida is more of an issue if it gets too hot, would be more worried about the air conditioning situation for myself than my tank at that point though. I dont think it should raise it more than a degree tops but that would also be because of pumps, powerhead, skimmer etc.

OP
OP
S

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, florida is more of an issue if it gets too hot, would be more worried about the air conditioning situation for myself than my tank at that point though. I dont think it should raise it more than a degree tops but that would also be because of pumps, powerhead, skimmer etc.
Ok sounds good, 1 degree is manageable! The AC is certainly annoying but I am renting and thus don’t have much control of it. They have had a tech come out twice to tinker but I think the real situation is not enough insulation in the attic and I doubt they will do anything about that .

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since they're LED lights, the heat generated isn't significant unless the lights are very close, and with a recommended mounting height of 8 inches or more, you shouldn't notice any additional heat added to the tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back