How much of your GHL stuff is broken?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my ghl equipment for 3 years now.
2 mitras
Profilux 4
Doser 2.1
Nothing has failed me yet but the possibility of anything failing is always there.
I used to have another brand and It almost lit up more than my tank , so I literally put it all in the trash.

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A “plug and play” DIY solution?

8553CD39-0433-456D-8476-75E035B88CCB.gif

What is this based on? What does “have your back” even mean?
“Relatively” plug and play. Widgetlords SPI-DIN series boards don’t require any electrical knowledge beyond plugging them in to a Raspberry PI. From there some coding knowledge is helpful but the process for setting up something similar to my system is as simple as following well documented steps.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Relatively” plug and play. Widgetlords SPI-DIN series boards don’t require any electrical knowledge beyond plugging them in to a Raspberry PI. From there some coding knowledge is helpful but the process for setting up something similar to my system is as simple as following well documented steps.
I have seen the build threads. You know there is far more to it than that to have anything comparable to market units….

Last edited:

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen the build threads. You know there is far more to it than that to have anything comparable to market units….
You are not wrong, there certainly can be more to it. But there are also those who choose more of a basic DIY approach which doesn’t require the involvement my build has.

My build is in no way an example of how one should approach DIY controllers. But it has lowered the bar for those considering a DIY option if one chooses to utilize any of the open-source modules I’ve developed.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd personally avoid buying products from a continent that is rapidly descending into a new dark age. They are literally cutting down their forests for winter firewood now.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are literally cutting down their forests for winter firewood now.
Are you kidding - or are you still believing there is ice bears in the streets of Stockholm or that we are good in manufacturing clocks? Or that IKEA is a country in Europe

Greetings from the dark continent and I´m just leaving my apartment in order going out and raking for fire wood in my forrest as they do in Finland according to reliable sources

I´m living 25 km from Gothenburg and my apartment is heated by a distant heating system that use waste heat from large industries, district heating plants that use household waste and so on. This heating system cover most of the Gothenburg region.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Kato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I even run my GHL float switches in the skimmer cup. For 3 years straight.
Also have P4, 2x Doser 2.1, KHD, leak detection. No issues

But I will say when upgrading firmware, be sure to make a backup :grinning-face-with-sweat:. I will also say the SW if not great, but gets the job done. Mainly use it for monitoring and alerting via push notification which works flawlessy here. Got 4 float/optical sensors for the usual stuff like skimmer full, ato low, sump low, sump high, etc and shutdown of various equipment when it happens.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back