Votes: 16 4.7%

• Total voters

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spot feed about three times a week.
but I dump in frozen food with some reef frenzy mixed in twice a day, always stopping my returns and slowing powerheads when feeding.

Scott's reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed benepets benereef daily as well as brine shrimp 3 taimes a day plus a full sheet of nori that I get from Kroger, there sushi department. Really though your feeding should reflect on the export efficiencies of your sump having the ability to export as good as your input. One thing I can say is that since I started using benereef all my nutrient levels are spot on

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep your phosphates down? GFO ? Do you have any SPS?

Refugium with algae (not chaeto because it died because of low nutrients) and GFO. Heavy in and heavy out.

With SPS. Tank looks like this:
7D9F2396-626C-441B-9E0F-8FFEC076D48C.jpeg

7ED4C6B1-5201-457E-B775-BADEEC6A0FFC.jpeg

2D3CC599-7070-4C75-95F9-95AECCE1B96B.jpeg

crezguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refugium with algae (not chaeto because it died because of low nutrients) and GFO. Heavy in and heavy out.

With SPS. Tank looks like this:
7D9F2396-626C-441B-9E0F-8FFEC076D48C.jpeg

7ED4C6B1-5201-457E-B775-BADEEC6A0FFC.jpeg

2D3CC599-7070-4C75-95F9-95AECCE1B96B.jpeg
I recently had a RTN problem on my SPS due to Phosphates reduction using GFO and alk swings. I stopped GFO. Besides tank looks good.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours is fresh frozen tuna, uncooked peeled shrimp, squid, oysters, scallops, fish eggs
Dry ingredients are high quality pellets, pelleted algae, garlic enriched dried red and green algae, I can’t remember the rest but it is nutritionally complete for carnivores, omnivores and herbivores. We grate the fish frozen with grating disk of food processor. That makes fairly large pieces of fish so we further process because all our fish have fairly small mouths though a couple might be able to handle bigger pieces. Then I hand mix (yes with my hands) the dry ingredients into the fish meat mixture and spoon it into quart sized ziplock bags and flatten till
It is a relatively flat layer, this way it’s easier to break off a piece the correct size for your aquarium. Cost less than $150 for a six month or so supply. Now I have friends asking me to make them batches and seriously my tank is thriving with no supplements. I’ve got fish, all types of coral, clam, anemone, multiple shrimp, crabs, hermits and snails.
Wow, your tank eats better than I do! LOL I think I have to come to your place for dinner. You can just feed me along with your tank. I think I would be healthier with that diet! I've been living on bagels lately. LOL

SMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RS AB+ daily, one hour before lights out. Spot feed oyster eggs to 6 heads of Tubastrea nightly. ( I can't get them to open in the day!)

Triple.T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broadcast reefroids on Saturday with my water changes. I use AB+ everyday and phyto every other night at lights out.

For fish its either mysis or calanus in a small cube daily.

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your tank eats better than I do! LOL I think I have to come to your place for dinner. You can just feed me along with your tank. I think I would be healthier with that diet! I've been living on bagels lately. LOL
All our animals eat better than we do. Lol. When we were making it our son asked my husband if he would make him a parry and cook it on the grill!

Brandy R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my fish in the morning with flakes and pellets. I then feed everything in the evening with mixed frozen foods and ocean magik phytoplankton. I use to do water changes every two weeks. Now I complete a 50% water change once a week due to additional corals added. Also I clean my filter every other day. Everything doing good so far.

ReQuackulous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on a project tank right now, a 12g long that has some frags i'm growing out. Its over a year old, I feed meatier foods once a week, and spot feed reef roids an additional 2 times a week (very targeted, not more than the coral can handle). Three feedings total. As the tank is only 12 gallons, my water changes could be almost 50% weekly. I've had really great growth on everything. I have a few different Zoas and I see new heads all the time. Of course, your results may vary.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All our animals eat better than we do. Lol. When we were making it our son asked my husband if he would make him a parry and cook it on the grill!
That is too funny!! I was thinking the same thing or part of a pasta dish!! Haha!

Seaspirit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Reef Chili raise phosphorus the same way Reef Roids does? I have both, and rotate them. Adding a little Ocean Magik phytoplankton with Roids or Chili every 3rd day for my coral frags, plus whole tank gets Reef Frenzy or frozen mysis once a week. Clowns get flakes/pellets every other day or so. Only 10 g tank so trying to not overfeed!

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you don’t feed your corals and they still thrive? Is mandatory feeding only necessary once you get into the intermediate and harder SPS corals and NPS corals?

I plan to do a softies and LPS tank with some Pavona Decussatus and Monti Cap, Monti Digitata at most for SPS. Heard their requirements are essentially the same as LPS if I’m not wrong.

But yesterday ordered some feeding tubes off Amazon that are being shipped to me so may as well feed corals some frozen mysis and brine. Any good reef pellets?

I ordered the feeding tubes more with the intention of feeding my planned YWG pair but I’ll use some tubes for corals and some for the gobies or whatever bottom dwellers I choose to add in the future if I get a big tank.

Also ordered coral fragging kit and dipping containers.

Sinking Carnivore pellets for YWG pair.

Frozen mysis, brine, and bloodworms using feeding stick / tube for YWG pair.

Frozen mysis and brine and bloodworms (?) with feeding stick / tube for corals.

Good brand of sinking reef pellets for carpet feeding?

The Night Driving Avenger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you guys feed duncans? i've got one with 30 or so heads and i feed it pellets once a week. it's been growing like mad and survived all of my rookie mistakes so i must be doing right by it but curious what other peoples feeding regimen is

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back