How often do you clean (substrate/water changes, etc..)your tank?

How often do you clean (substrate/water changes, etc..)your tank?


  • Total voters
    72
  • Poll closed .
I don't really know how to answer the poll, so I'm just gonna answer here.
At the moment I'm running my setup without waterchanges. I have a refugium to take up nutrients, and I dose All For Reef to replenish minerals and trace elements.
As for cleaning/maintenance I scrape the glass maybe once a week and change out filter floss every couple days. Every two weeks I clean the skimmer and every month or so I stir up the sand and blow the rocks with a turkey baster. Takes me around 5/10 minutes a week to keep everything clean.
Good stuff! How many gallons is your tank?
 
Tank is nearly 10 yr old and hopefully settled. I do a 15% water change once a month and don't need to touch the sand bed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new