How often to feed corals

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often to you normally feed your corals with reef chili, coral max, reef roids etc. And do most people broadcast or spot feed? Both?

I’ve started spot feeding once a week and then broadcasting 2 times a week. Just wanted to see what others are doing.

Patrick Fox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my 5 gallon reef tank (no fish) ive been spot-feeding the corals roughly 2 times a week with mysis soaked in reef-roids. just a mouthful per polyp. (i really love watching the Acans eat, and a lot of my zoas/palys and the frogspawn i have all eat like pigs as well. ) so far this has been working just fine for me. I only feed as much as they will consume, so there isnt much excess - and i do weekly water changes of about 20-25%. the corals seem happy/meaty/colorful.

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of corals and what size tank? How dense is your coral population? In my 125, i have a lot of sps, and some lps (euphyllias, lobos, favias, blastos). I never feed reef roids or anything, but I feed mysis every other day (flakes every day) and when I feed mysis, I feed the chunks to the fish, and save the liquid in a dish, and pour it into the tank just before my lights go off. I also stir detritus up in my sump twice a week, this always gives me crazy PE.

Jinko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my fish quite heavily, but feed EasySPS food 3 times a week 2 hours afters lights out.
Only things I target feed is the sun coral.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not target feed corals.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back