How popular are you with your fish?

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am VERY popular with my fish. When I walk in the fish room it is ON! The Tangs start strutting, clownfish get jiggy, wrasses start flashing, dottybacks, basslets, cardinal fish, chromis, hawfish. They LOVE me, because I bring the mysis.

But those stuck up gobies and file fish. They lay low. I mean, what did I ever do to them?

They are so snobby. They don’t even come out and exchange greetings. They chill in the shadows, giving me that sketchy glance.

It’s not like that in the fish store. Their file fish and gobies are cordial.

I’m gonna keep working on those guys. We are going to come to terms sooner or later.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanurus wrasse and orchid dottyback love me. My white tail bristletooth tang isn’t so sure about me and runs away at first. My Bella goby on the other hand just doesn’t give a dang.

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In every setup I've had, all of mine came out of their respective hideaways, etc. and frisked about, hoping to get fed whenever I walked into the room and stood in front of the tank. :D

Current Fishes 06-23-20.JPG

Last edited:

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I get much love.

All but a few go to the corner nearest to me. Then I get stared at. They show minimal movement. They still stare as I fill the cup with water, thaw the cubes. As I wait for the thaw, I only get a dead on stare.. then the food goes in and I no longer exist.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My trimma goby used to not mind me, but now he's decided that I'm scary. Whenever I do something too suddenly for his liking, he flees into the rocks. He also hides when I take the lid off, because the shadow scares him, but that's fair enough.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its not so much popularity but habit with feedings and hopeful feedings by the fish and curiosity

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish used to HATE ME. They were also super timid with feeding. Ever since I started using a turkey baster for feeding they've loved me. Don't know why they changed so fast...
Wow ! Never saw a clownfish which was a timid feeder ! All the clowns I ever had ate like hogs at the trough.... :D

Swanky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anthias love when I walk up to the tank. The clowns do too, now my wrasse? I have never had such an ornery, skittish little guy. He is super watchful of me, but he CONSTANTLY has the look where he'd shove a coral frag over if I turn my back for too long. ;)

Back