How Red Sea Tanks are made

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made in China...big supprise. Nice factory though.
FWIW:
It is Red Sea's own factory with their employees :)

Would have been nice to see how they build the S-Series tanks.

Live Water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charge way to much for tanks made in China, thought this was an American company, would never buy one.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW:
It is Red Sea's own factory with their employees :)

Would have been nice to see how they build the S-Series tanks.
@GoVols ,
I did notice the Red Sea logos on the wall were just banners...willing to bet they were just put up for the video and this company makes many brands of tanks to order for many companies. They might make ADA, Aquamaxx, and Landen as well. The level of equipment seems way to expensive to just be doing the Red Sea Brand alone. This is a high production facility that I may have talked to about my own private label tanks a couple of years ago.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols ,
I did notice the Red Sea logos on the wall were just banners...willing to bet they were just put up for the video and this company makes many brands of tanks to order for many companies. They might make ADA, Aquamaxx, and Landen as well. The level of equipment seems way to expensive to just be doing the Red Sea Brand alone. This is a high production facility that I may have talked to about my own private label tanks a couple of years ago.
You are totally wrong on that one.
Kevin Davies (Red Sea Kev) is a good friend of mine and is head of Red Sea world wide support, in England.

That is a Red Sea owned factory that is managed by Red Sea and has their own employees.

They might do other products, but it is owned, managed and operated by Red Sea and their employees.

:)

kilgoretrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was awesome. I could care less where they are made; I have an old S400 Max and its a bit nicer than my custom made frag tanks by an American builder. A very reputable one.

FWIW, I do not think the logos/banners are semi permanent. They appear permanent and made out of something like plastic. They could have gone out of their way to do that, but who cares.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're gonna support slave labor you might as well get a deal.

lol

Obviously things made in countries with real labour standards is better, but there’s only so much we can do. The Red Sea stuff is high quality, China doesn’t necessarily mean bad every time. There is a ton of shady stuff come out of there (copies and ripoffs) but typically the products sold by companies run in the west are of better quality.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There currently just about 175 people on this thread right now.

Can we just take a deep breath / come to peace on this thread and enjoy Red Sea's video?

If just want to troll, then please move on.

squampton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool video. I have a Reefer 170 and yes it was expensive, however it's really nice tank and built well. I could not get anything as comparable with tank, stand and sump for the price I paid. (I don't live in the US).

I could obviously buy a stock tank, pay someone to build me a stand, use a 20 gallon for a sump, but it would not look nearly as nice.

AquaART

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know anything about international business, you’d know that China has been increasing its minimum wage for nearly a decade. Why do you think so many manufacturing plants are moving back to the USA and Mexico? Heck, even Foxconn is planning on a billion dollar manufacturing facility in the states. That said, the quality of products coming out of China has gotten to the point where I generally don’t question it much. Think about brands like Skimz or Jebao, they are quality products despite being developed (perhaps some reverse engineering) in China and carrying a ‘fair’ price tag.

I have a RedSea 450 and challenge you to find me any tank, made on the US, China, Mars or wherever that is manufactured to the same standards and finish with the same quality as my 450, for the same price.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 32 30.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back