How Red Sea Tanks are made

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RedSea 450 and challenge you to find me any tank, made on the US, China, Mars or wherever that is manufactured to the same standards and finish with the same quality as my 450, for the same price.
I have a 250, and agree with this, but will add excellent customer service.

oldfishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This a posting on the tanks are built. I enjoyed it. This was not a political statement on China. Thanks for the post.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a great video. Glad I got to see this. I do own two red seas, might as well know how they’re made lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
solitude127

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know that they leak test everything too. I'm happy with me RSR 170 and would definitely consider buying another RSR tank

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are totally wrong on that one.
Kevin Davies (Red Sea Kev) is a good friend of mine and is head of Red Sea world wide support, in England.

That is a Red Sea owned factory that is managed by Red Sea and has their own employees.

They might do other products, but it is owned, managed and operated by Red Sea and their employees.

:)

Well that is not the first or last bet I have lost...lol. Good thing I did not bet money. By the way I own ADA, Landen, and Aquamaxx tanks and it is hard to tell the difference. In fact I have to give the Auqmaxx tanks the nod for the cool laser logo in their glass. China is known for selling out the back of the factory to anyone who wants to buy.

Go on Alibaba sometime and take a look around. You will be suprised at how many top "name" skimmers, pumps, tanks, LED lights and other products are out there for less with a private lable. Same product just no or a different label. Things that make you go hum....I wonder.

Last edited:

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There currently just about 175 people on this thread right now.

Can we just take a deep breath / come to peace on this thread and enjoy Red Sea's video?

If just want to troll, then please move on.

Sorry did not mean to troll. I am off the thread. Have a great day!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what you get they aren't expensive at all. Thanks for posting the video.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a cool video. Have to admit, I believed they were made in Germany, which I thought accounted somewhat for their price and reputation. I’m a little disappointed (yes, I know, still quality, but I thought I ordered the BMW of reef tanks...).

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think they are expensive at all comparatively.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really not sure what they even compare too.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put together a tank with all the features of the REEFER series a la carte it would be significantly more expensive, that's why I bought one.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought this was a German company. What isn’t made in China nowadays!? They still are great tanks

Not that matters, but Red Sea is an Israeli company. They are not German. Also, not that it matters, but you can guarantee that other brands aquariums are also made out of this factory. It's just not possible to support a full time operation like that with only Red Sea Tanks. They don't sell that many of them.

Quinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always love all of the “experts” on this thread! Red Sea makes a great looking and extremely competitive tank compared to custom aquarium manufacturers. Keep up the good work Red Sea

Fishpalace

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefer 450 and 170 and they are great tanks, IMO.

Do not believe they are expensive but live in UK where the hobby is smaller and probably less choice of custom made tanks.

The peninsula 650 also looks good and see a few set up against a wall and still looks really nice

Paul

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefer 450 and 170 and they are great tanks, IMO.

Do not believe they are expensive but live in UK where the hobby is smaller and probably less choice of custom made tanks.

The peninsula 650 also looks good and see a few set up against a wall and still looks really nice

Paul

Custom tanks are generally much more expensive than Red Sea in the USA too.

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the whole China issue, I was surprised only because I didn't think it would be financially smart to build them there and then face all the possible issues with shipping it across the globe: product loss, delays, shipping costs, customs, etc.

I gotta imagine the US is the largest importer of these tanks, then I would have no idea but would guess the next largest is the continent of Europe.

Back