How should I add them?

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a white tail Bristletooth tang and a Christmas Wrasse that are both in separate QTs right now. I'm wondering how I should add them to my tank. Should I add the wrasse first, wait a week, and then add the tang in order to let the wrasse get established? Or should I add them both at once to diffuse any possible aggression from the resident fish? Currently I have a Swallowtail angelfish, a Midas Blenny and a firefish. They all get along well. Sorry for the bad pics, but they wouldn't stay still!

20220710_110509.jpg 20220710_110112.jpg

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a white tail Bristletooth tang and a Christmas Wrasse that are both in separate QTs right now. I'm wondering how I should add them to my tank. Should I add the wrasse first, wait a week, and then add the tang in order to let the wrasse get established? Or should I add them both at once to diffuse any possible aggression from the resident fish? Currently I have a Swallowtail angelfish, a Midas Blenny and a firefish. They all get along well. Sorry for the bad pics, but they wouldn't stay still!

20220710_110509.jpg 20220710_110112.jpg
Knowing they are all eventually going to be in the same system I would add them both at the same time , but depends on many factors .

how long the tank has been running , size , bio load ,
Can the system handle the addition of both fish at the same time .

beautiful fish by the way …..
if I could only add a few more tangs , this one would be one , and undecided between a mimic of naso

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it doesn’t really matter in my opinion, you could do either as the current residents aren’t aggressive fish.

Personally I’d add both at the same time as it just disperses aggression if there is any at all.

OP
OP
Seachelle

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing they are all eventually going to be in the same system I would add them both at the same time , but depends on many factors .

how long the tank has been running , size , bio load ,
Can the system handle the addition of both fish at the same time .

beautiful fish by the way …..
if I could only add a few more tangs , this one would be one , and undecided between a mimic of naso
The tank is an 85 gallon. It's been running since December 2021. The tang and swallowtail are both around 3 inches and the wrasse is about 2.5 inches. The blenny and firefish are both smaller, around 2 inches. I'm feeding twice a day with Reef frenzy and mysis.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is an 85 gallon. It's been running since December 2021. The tang and swallowtail are both around 3 inches and the wrasse is about 2.5 inches. The blenny and firefish are both smaller, around 2 inches. I'm feeding twice a day with Reef frenzy and mysis.
I believe you will be fine adding both at the same time as I mentioned above .

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes add all fish at same time assuming your bio load could handle it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back